Your collective dreams made our dream—THE SPACE PANDA RFTD KIT—a possibility, and for that we will always and eternally be grateful, forever. Without you, the everyday one-in-a-million visionary men and women of America (Europe, The United Kingdom, Australia and Japan), mass producing THE SPACE PANDA RFTD KIT would never have happened. But it did happen. Because we asked and you trusted us—sight unseen!!!!!!, #surpriseme, and we made it and now it’s here and being shipped to you this very moment, or maybe it’s already arrived. We mean it, literally, as you read this, this very second, UPS (or similar) trucks around the planet are delivering packages containing THE SPACE PANDA RFTD KIT. You’re welcome!
In fact, if we didn’t think it violated all kinds of Privacy & Ethical laws/protocols/codes/covenants/conventions and the like, we’d opt-out-style list all your names here, right below this sentence. In the order of orders received. It would be a monument and a testament, a permanent record for posterity for all to see and for years to come.
That’s how much we appreciate you! We want the world to know and we want to let it show, that you believe in capital pee Possibility as much we do, if not more! And that’s what this is all about man, its all about that word man, the word of the hour man, p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e possible, man. RFTD is nothing if not an exercise or “meditation” in possibility. Sure maybe SPACE PANDA KIT is not the best use of pandas and lasers and spandex and time travel but it’s something. And who’s to say it’s not the best use of pandas and lasers and spandex and time travel? We’re not, are you!? Whatever the case is, first we dreamed then we proved it was in fact possible to successfully combine pandas and lasers and spandex and time travel.
The point is, you supported us. And for that we thank you. So does the world because the world really wanted this to happen—trust us, we know about these things. Basically like bottom line this is a win for humanity. Now, let us ALL hold hands together and collectively share in this life-affirming moment and thank one-by-one, and if not by actual name then in spirit, the 56 visionaries around the universe who made this portion of the RFTD enterprise possible. Amen.
!!!!!!!!SPECIAL MESSAGE TO THE 56 AND O N L Y THE 56!!!!!!!!
We want photographs of you, in your kit, preferably in your bathroom mirror or somewhere else indoors for our Panda Selfie Tumblr Bulletin Board. Please email them directly to email@example.com and/or text them to 503.754.7476 #proudpanda #pandapride #reachforthedream
- Team Jersey designed by Attaquer made by Castelli An Unfair Advantage: We chose Attaquer Design Collaboration Lab to design this kit because of their world renowned Graphix Skillz. From Leopard Print and Disembodied Owl Heads to Dead Kooks Attaquer’s Fuck Yeah Technology TM brings dreams to life! We chose Castelli’s Team Jersey made with Procool Plus fabric—with Prosecco treatment for breathability and comfort—because simply put, it’s the most exceptional jersey on the planet POSSIBLE.
- Team Bibshort (with Kiss3 pad) designed by Attaquer made by Castelli An Unfair Advantage: Same deal but the Team Bibshort is made with Affinity LYCRA® fabric Shield™ , micro fabric sides and back, thus providing outstanding stretch and return, Giro3 single-layer gripper elastic the and Kiss3 Seat Pad for all-day comfort. Word.
- Foreign Legion Hat designed by Attaquer made by Walz Caps: We chose Attaquer Design Collaboration Lab to design this hat with the fullest most robust range, or spectrum if you will, of possibility in mind. We said, enough with bike hats or caps or whatever that ONLY work for road riding. What about epic road riding? What about the Gobi Desert, like what if you an opportunity to ride across the entire Gobi Desert, in daylight, when it’s sunny? What about First Ascents? What about hike & bikes? What about fly fishing, mountain biking, riding without a helmet, Brovets, randonneurding and chill weekend picnic ride seshes with your lady!??!?!? Make us a hat that can do all of that, and well. So they did. We don’t know why they chose Walz Hats but we’re glad they did! Probably because they were American Made and willing to get #customlife! Anyway, thank you Walz Hats for ignoring capitalism and mass production economics for a minute to make these puppies.
- Bamboo Socks designed by Attaquer made by Mariposa Tie Dye: We chose Mariposa Tie Dye on Etsy because sometimes every now and then if you look hard enough and wish hard enough and manifest your little buns off hard enough, the answer, the thing you need, is right there in front of you. Just a few hundred clicks away. Inside the internet. Already dreamed-up and already made. These socks are 1000% the product of some nice lady on the internet who probably collects rabbits and smells like a combination of sprouts and patchouli. Bottom line, her colors/patterns are psychedelic and we’re assuming she used bamboo because it grows fast and it’s anti-microbial and bla bla bla.
SIDE NOTE: All MFS Kits now come with a Online Certificate Of Origin (OCOO). MFS does declare that this kit was conceived on March 24th 2014.
What follows is a photographic essay featuring the First Fully Aerobic Ascent in the SPACE PANDA RFTD KIT by Semi-Pro Ultra Runner Willie McBride. And some inspirational quotes. Before we get started we’d like to thank everyone who made this project possible in roughly the order it happened.
- The big bang.
- The wheel.
- Castelli for inventing spandex.
- Al Gore and/or the US Military for inventing the internet.
- Castelli for inventing Manual for Speed.
- Ourselves, for having a dream, to Reach For The Dream, in the form of a meditation on the Custom Life.
- Speedvagen and Argonaut for making the GREATEST BIKES ON EARTH for Manual for Speed. To showcase. (To be continued.)
- Thomas Slater for having a sausage dog and being the perfect dude to perfectly illustrate this project. (Also to be continued.)
- Attaquer for designing this kit based on this brief: “Frank Stella X Kenzo X Barry McGee X Hermes X Tie dye X Dries Van Noten X Riff Raff X Major Lazer X Space.” Thank you Attaquer for birthing the The Space Panda onto/into us. We love you.
- Castelli who (#unfairadvantage) upgraded their already state of the art and totally current computer equipment for the entire Graphics Department with even more RAM because our Panda File was so big.
- And (#duh) The 56 for making our dream their dream so you can dream.