In previous years we didn’t have a plan—Panda here, Artist Series there, clowns and lasers and gradient fades, release this month, release that month, etc. But now we have a plan. We have a Season and a Campaign that fits in that Season, it’s like the Artist Series but it’s different, and by different we mean better. Also, there are rules now because everybody likes rules. Here’s how it works:
May – September 2016
Seven kits in five months. We did the math and that’s roughly one kit a month, but more.
In an effort to design and develop the most exquisite collection of Cycling Costume Kits the world has ever seen, we formulated a patented plan that includes four steps. A) We have an important thought about Professional Road Cycling. B) We write a creative brief outlining our important thought, which brief is divided into two component parts, the design and the story. C) We send the design part of the creative brief to a World Famous Artist and the story part to ourselves. D) The artist brings the design part to life by creating the physical manifestation of our important thought about Professional Road Cycling. And we write a story, the intention of which is to rationalize, justify, validate, etc., our important thought, and our belief that by purchasing the kit you…
WILL LOOK AMAZING AND REPRESENT AN IMPORTANT THOUGHT ABOUT PROFESSIONAL ROAD CYCLING!
- Yoko Honda: Surprise Me! aka WTF is MFS: Introspect, Retrospect, Celebrate!
- Steve Hockett: The Road-2-Rad, aka The Future of our Sport.
- Supermundane: Technology & Electronic Arenas & Gladiators.
- Supermundane: The Three Speeds of Tao: Slow, Medium & Fast.
- Shawna X: The Joy of Bikes, a different kind of Sunday.
- Karan Singh: D.R.E.A.M.
- Michiel Schuurman: Deeeeeeeveeeeeeelopment.
- Each Kit will ONLY be available by pre-order.
- Each pre-order window will be 15 days.
- Each kit will be available à la carte and as a complete kit.
- Complete kits will feature rare and exceptional items from around the world, most of which WILL NOT be available in our à la carte offerings.
In an effort to better understand the Greatest Spectacle on Earth we thought we’d start by gaining a better understanding of ourselves. Who we are and what we are trying to do. How we got here. What used to matter. What still matters. What matters now. What might matter tomorrow. Does anything really matter? If we’re journalists and documentarians documenting the Greatest Spectacle on Earth, are we part of that Spectacle? Are we a Spectacle?
This important idea about Road Cycling is one part introspection, one part retrospection, and all parts celebration of Manual for Speed. As such, we could think of no better artist than Yoko Honda to create what is effectively an homage to our most corest of core ideas: Spectacle. This kit, which—unlike any other kit this year—will be sold sight-unseen, is a joyous (breath-taking!) assemblage of Spectacle’s myriad colors, wonders, sights, sounds and smells. Also, Yoko did the LA Sweat kit which is tiiiiiiiiight. Also, we worked on this kit with her even more harder than that kit (sorry Kelli!), so yeah, it’s amazing. We wish you could see it, oh wait, you can! If you buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- This is the only kit that will be sold sight unseen.
- We’re selling it sight unseen because it’s fun. And titillating AF.
- Because, high-risk, high-reward.
- No pandas. We can’t say this enough. THERE WILL BE NO PANDAS ON THIS KIT. Or lasers.
- And dude, seriously, this kit is really good.
- Below, we’ve created a handy guide to what the full package will include, just in case you’re a visual learner.
Designed by Yoko Honda and available in a full kit package (including exclusive bonus items) and à la carte. Featuring the Castelli Team Jersey, Castelli Team Bibs with Progetto X2 Seat Pad, and Castelli Cycling Cap. This is the most can’t-miss, thrilling cycling kit available today—and you’ve only got fifteen days to lay your claim. Sales close
May 20th 11:59PM PDT, Sunday May 22!