Guys, we’re tired. Late nights, early mornings, long days mostly spent driving, buckets after buckets of food. Also there’s the altitude, the over-stuffed hotels pillows, the should-have-been-pulled riders, the commercials on the purple channels, the lack of exercise, the harsh bright mountain light, and the transfers to hotels that aren’t quite close enough to our buds in the peloton but not really far enough away to be truly noteworthy. What I’m trying to say is that we’re run down, tired, a little bit depressed, but we can’t put our finger on exactly why; I guess mostly just big picture stuff.
The thing is, we like sharing with you: you’re not here and there are important images and words that should be shared with you. The problem is today, well today we kinda got SNAFU’d in the mountains. And Colorado, you do mountain passses, you do them SO well, but you don’t do mountain pass alternatives, which makes leap frogging difficult, so MFS is feeling a little like the stars didn’t align for us today, and we really wanted the stars align for us. We wanted to see those women racers crushing the QOM, and we wanted to get to the finish and take photos of all the gasping, elated, and shell-shocked riders as they finished the stage, but it was not to be. This is kinda like a “just so you know”, you know?
Clothing. Everyone who wears clothing in this cycling environment has an advantage over those who don’t, but Castelli makes the best clothing for the cycling environment. Duh.
- Cowbell Kid: “You want a cowbell?”
- KVH: “No.”
- Cowbell Kid: “You sure?”
- KVH: “Yeah.”
- Lady Who Just Had Her Picture Taken: “Where’s that going to be?”
- DWP: “Internet.”
- Lady Who Just Had Her Picture Taken: “Bill Puckey it’s not!”
- DWP: “Don’t worry, there so much stuff on there that people won’t even notice it.”
Lightning fast internet at the Hampton Inn.
Lachlan Morton’s mustache and sunglasses combo.
The Russian Bath Party happening at the Hampton Inn.
Driving behind a SO FAR OFF THE BACK rider for an eternity.
The smell of our rental car.
Facts Courtesy of Wikipedia
- Country: United States
- State: Colorado
- County: Larimer
- Founded: 1877
- Incorporated: April 30, 1881
- Named For: William A.H. Loveland
- Type: Home Rule Municipality
- Mayor: Cecil Gutierrez
- Mayor Pro Tem: Dave Clark
- City Manager: Bill Cahill
- Area: 25.5 square mi (66.1 square km)
- Elevation: 4,982 ft (1,519 m)
- Population (2010): 66,859
- Density: 2,059.7/square mi (795.3/square km)
- Population (2013 Estimate): 71,334
- Time Zone: MST/MDT (UTC-7/UTC-6)
- ZIP Codes: 80534, 80537-80539
- Area Code: 970
- FIPS Code: 08-46465
- GNIS Feature ID: 0177720
- Highways: I-25, US 34, US 287, SH 60, SH 402